Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Tree Pose....

This morning I did a 40 minute yoga DVD. I have about 12 yoga DVDs. Most are Hatha. Some are relaxing and others are power yoga or Ashtanga. Most DVDs have multiple classes :-D.

I do love yoga and yet I have been neglecting it because there is no time or I am too tired etc...

On the the right I am posing in the tree pose. I can do this pose easily now on my right foot. My left foot is a little more shaking but that's OK. In yoga many people are better on one side over the other. Of course it helps if you are in bare feet, on a yoga mat and looking at a spot on the wall or something not moving. As I was staring at Kerri taking the picture I fell out a few times, lol...

When I was newer at yoga I sometimes had small classes. Sometimes I was the only on in the class or the only one who showed up. I would tell the instructor(s) how much I hated the Tree Pose and then I was miffed that that pose would show up in each of our classes. I hated the Tree Pose because I could not hold the pose at all!!! But now I know that continuous practice is what has made me more confident to do almost any yoga pose.

Some poses I didn't think I would ever be able to do as I can cross my legs but that's where my flexibility use to end. I have completely given up on trying the half lotus or full lotus position as I believe that's what got my knee out of whack this summer. It's better now. I didn't find the physio exercises did anything nor the cold compress on the knee. The only thing that seemed to help after 2 months was the remedy my Homeopath gave me. It's weird how it was bringing out stuff on my right side only and then it was gone, hehe...And yes Homeopathy usually takes 2 - 3 months to correct stuff but I'm still waiting to see what it can do to rid me of anxiety and depression...WAITING that is....

So maybe I should consider doing some more self care. I have been neglecting self care and only existing but this doesn't seem to have gotten me anywhere at all....

So I shall work hard to be good to me and love me. My Homeopath, Terrance, says to deep breeeeathe for 5 minutes each day. This is just to remind myself to do it all the time I suppose. Terrance says I need to push out the anger and anxiety through punching a pillow. I usually prefer to Karate chop the air. I did take Karate as a teen and quit when I was ready to take my Green Belt test. The tests got pricier and pricier as one moved up and I was gonna quit anyway so, ya know...A few Karate Chops never hurt the air though, lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment