Saturday, October 24, 2009

Animals Do Have Feelings, Oh Yeah!!!!

For all you animal lovers I have 2 cute You-Tube videos to show you! I belong to a forum on Facebook called Animal Stories and they have the cutest videos and stories....

This 1st video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBtFTF2ii7U&feature=player_embedded is about the relationship between an adult elephant and a dog. I had heard stories of elephants being actually very gentle, caring and sensitive creatures but see for yourselves. Don't approach an elephant just because this one is tame though, lol....

I saw elephants close hand when I was in Africa in July 2008. I have to say that of all the animals we saw on Safari and we saw many, the elephants scared me the most. They got really close to our vehicle and I knew if they wanted to, they could kill us...Our guide told us to be very quiet so not to startle them...

Here is a pic I took of an Elephant in Kruger Park, South Africa. The animals are not fenced in but they are plentiful in the 35 000km park because there is plenty of food and other animals for prey.

We were around elephants quite a bit in open roofed vehicles. It was great to be able to stand up to take pictures without glass or a screen in the way....

Here is another animal video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWgB1hyOHWc&feature=player_embedded . This video is of a Hippo who moves in with a family of humans by choice!

Hippo's are generally dangerous to humans so don't try this at home either. I think this family knew what they were doing when they took him in as this was not their first wild animal 'pet'....

It is so true that animals are sensitive beings. I know that my first cat Candi had to deal with the death of her sister Muffy who she saw dying and could not save her. Candi was 2 years old.

Immediately following Muffy's death Candi developed depression and starting overeating. She was in perfect health before. Candi also developed kidney problems and became blind and deaf and I wondered if some of this was stress related as well as genetic. But, I loved her until she died at 14.

I wondered if my taking drug over-doses and cutting my self in the home and later going into the shelter system added greater stress to her life. I do feel bad since she was my 'daughter' and I know animals have feelings like we do....

Speckle is highly sensitive too. When I raise my voice in anger and she is in the house she runs to me and meows, tries to climb up me or if I am sitting down she pats my shoulders until I stop. This behaviour is highly unusual for Speckle but it sometimes actually helps me by making me laugh.

My homeopath, Terrance, told me to feed one of my remedies to Speckle because he tells me that she picks up on my energy and so when he gives me this constitutional remedy to balance me out (the remedy of phosphorous - if that makes any sense to someone not doing Homeopathy) then it can help my cat too. And it seems to calm Speckle. She is not as sassy or territorial as she use to be...She also seems much less agitated when she doesn't get her way :-D.

Now that I have Speckle, I want so very much for her to live a long and healthy life, awwwww.

1 comment:

  1. The only way you can experience the magnificence of the Kruger Park is to come and experience it for yourself,and while you're at it,experience this country with its unique peoples,heritage and beauty a world in one country.
    Kruger park animals

    ReplyDelete