Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Speckle says, "What Weirdness Is Mom Up To Now????"

I decided that today was the day to start brushing Speckle's teeth! I have been telling friends and family that I was going to brush Speckle's teeth but everyone was like 'yeah OK.' I'm not sure they believed me, lol.

I am upset that Speckle's vet found yellow teeth or tartar on Speckle's teeth the other week. By brushing Speckle's teeth I am hoping to avoid further problems with her teeth in the future. I would hate to have to have the vet pull teeth or for Speckle to have any preventable surgery or pain...

I am thinking that the yellow teeth phenomenom in Speckle's mouth is due to the Engevita Yeast I put in the cats food to ward of fleas and make our cats hypo-allergenic. Engevita Yeast is healthy otherwise. It's just an inactive form of yeast with B vitamins....Anywhoo, my cat no longer has yellow teeth. Kerri has bought special Prescription Dental Cat Food which all the cats are eating and quite like :->.

I am not using the cat toothbrush but only the brush you wear on your thumb. I can't say Speckle was entirely happy with me sticking that rubbery thumb brush with toothpaste in her mouth. She did try to wiggle away but there was not aggressiveness or hissing involved. She knows her mom is a bit weird by now and tries to trust on occasion, haha....

No comments:

Post a Comment