Saturday, October 3, 2009

How To Amuse The Resident Cat At The Vet's Office!

I feel blah, sedated like. Sad too. I don't want to do anything but stay home and be sad. Kerri is going to do some food shopping for me. I don't want to leave the house. I told her it didn't matter but I do need to cook. She really does take care of me like I'm 2 years old! When will this sickness ever end????

Anyway enough of that! Today, Kerri and I brought little miss Speckle the cat to the vet. I was expecting another clean bill of health but the vet found that Speckle had yellow teeth at the back of both sides of her mouth. She is only 3 years old!!!! Why her? I knew she had bad breath when we got her at 1 1/2 years of age. We only fed her hard no filler food like IAMs or Eukanuba. For treats she got Dental Greenies.

Last year the vet noticed an improvement in her teeth, breath or something. So thats why I was surprised this year when the vet noticed an issue w her teeth. I did see the yellow when the vet opened Speckle's mouth and I was like ick! The vet scraped off the yellow tartar or whatever though. It came off with her fingers, mmmm! Now we have to get Speckle (and all the cats in the household) special dental food. We are trying the prescription food for now which makes $15 extra off a ten pound bag of cat food.

It was quite a pricey vet appointment today. $233.75! Usually I pay only $100. Or I thought I did. This time I had to add on the food too but still...

Here is the breakdown -

$41.90 fecal sample
$68 consultation
$26.80 each for the rabies and leukemia vaccination
$56.75 for a 10 pound bag of prescription Hills Feline T/D cat food
$13.50 tax

Speckle was not amused going on the short 5 minute car ride or at the vets. However, the cat that lives in the vets office was amused because I had sprayed catnip in Speckles cage, lol, oops! I went in with Speckle at first and left Kerri and Speckles cage in the waiting room. The Resident cat was in the cage rolling around and just lov'in it! I don't think Speckle was comforted at all. Maybe you can't comfort cats at the vet unless the cat actually lives in the office.

Poor little Speckle! Oh well, she is out running around with little Tate the cat having fun....hopefully she forgives me!

No comments:

Post a Comment