Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Trials and Tribulations Of Food Shopping.....

Kerri says I'm getting my 'pep' back!

I do feel more alert today. I decided to try not to take my calming homeopathic remedy during the day now. I will continue to take it at bedtime to see if that helps me to function more. I do still feel depressed and so am very slow to get going in the morning. I did take Kerri up on her offer to take me food shopping. I'm glad I did. It wasn't so bad and Kerri wanted to get some stuff too and didn't want to go alone...

The stores were crowded it being a weekend afternoon but we managed. I still need to go to the pet store, bank, Farm Boy and Natural Food Pantry. Today we did manage to go to the Great Canadian Superstore, and Rainbow Foods.

It's so hard to find exactly what I want since I eat organic. Everything is all over the place. Rainbow Foods is vegetarian organic so no meat but has everything else. Organic Greens sold at Rainbow are waaay too pricey so we go the Natural Food Pantry for those. I try to get everything I can at the Superstore since the prices are so good.

A few days ago Kerri and I went to Natural Food Pantry to get Organic Beef but both of us forgot to get it and instead got other stuff, lol. Oh, we are a pair! I was so mad after that because I had it on my grocery list highlighted and everything! I'm not the smartest or the most alert cookie around...I like to blame it on the lithium and it may be partly the case but I've always been a bit spacey, argh, so embarrassing!

I feel good though. I got almost everything I wanted to do done today. I cooked up some organic chicken and froze 5 portions for my chicken salads. Then I doubled my humus recipe but I think I added to much water so note to self - LESS WATER. Half a cup perhaps extra because the recipe does not give enough. I think I perhaps threw a whole jug of water in, lol. I am a humus-o-holic so I like my humus real good! And to think that the first time I tried humus as a teenager I didn't like it much. Weird how our taste buds have to get use to things sometimes but all good :-)...

No comments:

Post a Comment