Friday, October 9, 2009

'Dawson's Creek' Never Gets Old...

My TV and I have become the best of friends this past week during my 'I don't care to do anything' depression. When I am well I feel like throwing the TV out the window. I am usually running around doing things on-line or out and about. It's OK though. I'm not in any pain. I just lie there dull and bored - except for when I chose to watch TV :-D.

Currently I'm watching a re-run of Dawson's Creek. In these episode Joey, Andy and Dawson get their fortunes read at a carnival. I think I would be really freaked out if someone told me my fortune and they actually predicted my future! Sceary! There are so many frauds out there though. Even the most well known Fortune Tellers/ Psychics like Sylvia Brown who charge BIG bucks have been known to make huge mistakes....

I love Dawson's Creek though, even today, years after it was made. I love the scenery especially when they film around the water. I love the tunes. They played The Cranberries and Sarah McLaughlin sometimes and many more artists whose songs I love.

The topics vary and cover such issues as being Gay; parents who have died; jailed parents; big sister a mom to younger sibling; teacher and student having a romantic relationship; divorce; mental health issues; sex, teen pregnancy; bullying; alcoholism, teen employment and cancer.

The only thing I have found annoying is the BIG adult words that the teens on Dawson's Creek are scripted to use sometimes. It's ridiculous! Apparently the words are adult like to capture a wider audience, but, whatever....

Dawson's Creek is one show Kerri and I agree on to watch although she had only really watched it as a teen herself and hates re-runs. I could watch the same episode over and over again, lol.

Kerri and I disagree on a lot of things. It's really funny sometimes. Basically if I like something there is a great possibility Kerri does not! Kerri likes horror, adventure, cartoons, suspense, court TV, make-over shows but basically anything. Me - anything that evokes emotion be that tears or laughter. But no cartoons, lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment