Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Speckle Gets A Bath :-D.

So last evening Speckle came home with sticky stuff on her back. I smelled it and I thought it was a pine smell. I chocked it up to her climbing one our Evergreen trees. I had a cat as a kid who climbed a pine tree and needed a bath. She never tried that again, lol...but I was wondering why Speckle got all sticky on her back. And since it was just on her back I tried to wet it, rub it and brush it...

It was only this morning that I really took a good sniff if the situation and smelled oil! OMG! Speckle had been under a vehicle! Is that safe???? Could she have died if she had ingested oil from cleaning herself?

I showed Speckle to Kerri. who gave Speckle the sniff over too and then sprang into action. 'We are bathing your cat!' she said! And so we did....

Kerri just so happened to have Cat Shampoo on hand! How handy :-D. In the picture Speckle is sniffing the shampoo to see if it's legit, ha!


Speckle did not like her bath. I was holding her and Kerri was wetting and bathing her. Speckle growled something fierce but that was about it. No scratching or hissing...

No, we did not completely submerge the little thing. The oil was only on Speckle's back so we just stood her up in the counter (she is not allowed up on the counter otherwise so we may have been teaching her bad manners, but whatcha gonna do?).

Now Speckle will probably have to stay inside to dry off for a few hours because her stepmom Kerri says she will catch a cold if she goes out wet :-P.

I gave Speckle some treats afterward. That was Kerri's idea too as I was just gonna leave her be.

Speckle totally forgives Kerri as she was licking Kerri's hands soon after then laid down beside her even though she really wanted to go out and was begging. She is a good cat ;-). So, all is well but do you think Speckle learned a lesson? Ummm....only time will tell ;-).

Awww gotta love little Speckle :-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment