Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mmmmmmmm Homemade Strawberry Sorbet :-).


Today I nose dived off from wherever, to a deep depression, yet again! Fun times....I had a good morning though until about 11am when I started feeling the downward plunge. By that time I had already started the day long process of making a strawberry sorbet as seen here:
...and cooked some chicken for freezing and later adding to salads.

I actually cried when Kerri offered to take me to the organic market for more food I had to say no. I had been up and since 6:30am though so got some stuff done.
A depression crash, for me, is like the feeling of dragging my whole body through water with every motion. This is the time I know I can't fight my depression and just have to STOP! I feel so absolutely defeated! Why me? Why can't I do what I want to? Why all the energy zaps and some days I have waaaaay too much energy????
Yeah, I know why. I'm bipolar, meh, lol.

I had picked up some stuff at the grocery store where Kerri took me yesterday. Unfortunately being on this O blood type diet, you can't find everything you need at a grocery store. I have to say though that grocery stores, especially The Great Canadian Superstore on Eagleson are selling a lot more organic food now :-). They are a little cheaper then health food stores too being able to buy in bulk and that.....

I am still in the process of freezing my sorbet but it looks really excellent and kinda 'gelly' so not like a Mr.Freezy. That's the way I wanted it. I had visions of myself having to use an axe to chop it up into bit size spoonfuls....well, ya know this is my 1st time making sorbet, lol.

Anywhoo, here is a cute pick of the little furry cuties. They are sleeping together all happy in a large soft chair.
I cannot stress my happiness enough that Speckle (on the right) has friends! Petsmart had said not to get her a cat friend. I figure this was due to her strong territorial instinct. This has not been a problem at Kerri's.
I knew Speckle needed a friend especially in the winters. She was always wanting me to play, play, play!!! She tired me out, lol.
Speckle is sooo happy here (and I only have one vet bill :-D).

No comments:

Post a Comment