Monday, October 5, 2009

Better To Know I'm Not Ready For Work Now Then To Lose A Job Over It....

There is no way I'm ready for actual work!

I was hoping for something at home with flexible hours and only about 6 hours a week. Unfortuately, I am sooo zonked. I feel it's almost a given that I will have to cancel the meeting with a potential service provider tomorrow afternoon.

I need a service provider for job placement. Service providers can offer career counsellors and support for people with disabilities to maintain employment. Tomorrow will be the 3rd time in a row I will have cancelled with this one service provider. I have just called my case-manager, Jenn, for advice on this issue but I'm not sure she will get the message in time. I will have a phone check-in with Jenn tomorrow morning but I had wanted to cancel before then so it's not totally last minute. I was assured by the service provider that I can have or ask for an interview on the phone which I am told that she will do but she would rather I go in person so we shall see...

Who cares though? I need to be ready for work and better to find out now I am not ready (which I already knew anyway) then to have to lose a job over. Less disappointment this way. There are tons of other service providers if I have burned this bridge. I have to focus on me and what I need to get healed.

I was getting grumpy today just continuing to work on the prep for a beef recipe I am going to cook (some day). I managed to do all of 1/2 an hours work on that. I am usually a really hard worker in the kitchen and today it just wasn't happening. I needed to go back to bed. I needed to be in bed most of this morning and afternoon. It is only when I am lying down that I felt OK again. Zzzzzz.....

I think Tate agrees with me on this one. :-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment