Saturday, November 21, 2009

Music And Sound Hold The Ability To Relax Or Stress A Person....

I don't like anxiety.

It's really hard living with my girlfriend Kerri when one of us is upset. We feed off each others emotions. Then we both go to a place of emotionally hiding from our feelings and nothing much gets accomplished.

So, was it really wise to get involved with someone who is as super sensitive as myself? Yeah, I would say so. It's actually awesome that I can relate to my partner. Some days are like roller coasters and some days are a-OK. We are in relationship counselling and it is really difficult at times but it helps us to speak out in a safe place.

For both Kerri and I, our biggest relationship problem is trust and communication. This is pretty common is it not? Often times we don't tell each other how we really feel talk it out. Kerri will get the idea that there is something wrong with me but has to run to this blog to get a better understanding of things, lol...Or I find out from her Facebook status.

For myself the past couple of days have been filled with high anxiety and panic at times. What helps me is to sometimes turn off the TV and listen to tunes that help me feel some sort of emotion. I have been listening to Jordan Spark's song No Air http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvABw3j844k today and on and off since I found it about a year ago...Yeah, it's really a love song but all I hear when I'm listening to this song are the words no air over and over again....its like someone who gets what I am going though, lol. Well, ya know.

Another song I really love and have loved for years continues to be Caribbean Blue by Enya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7kkEfPjTBY. At the risk of sounding a bit odd, this song actually sent me into a light trance about a year ago. I was just so relaxed listening to it. It was lovely. I remember laying on my bed back when I lived with my folks and just getting so blissed out by this song. And, yeah it did freak me out how detached I got but it was in a good way...

So, yes music and sound has the magic to relax or stress a person. We have to find out what we can do in times of stress and anxiety to heal even just a little bit or from moment to moment :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment