Sunday, November 22, 2009

Coming Out Is The Bestest Gift I Have Ever Given Myself!

Check this link out peeps:

http://www.xtra.ca/public/National/PGrated_gay_film_seized_en_route_to_Ottawa_film_fest-7893.aspx.

For those of you interested in same sex issues and gay rights, this may sadden and shock you.
Kerri and I were planning on watching one of the mooovies (I Can't Think Straight) that got stopped at the Canada/ US Border.  Here is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W8igqK_QWU.

I Can't Think Straight is a lesbian flick. Kerri and I would like to watch more lesbian or gay mooovies. Why not? There are tons o heterosexual flicks out there but it's really hard to find same sex mooovies. There is still a lot of fear and ingorance out there which is very sad.

Do some people think we are just being rebellious by being gay or bi? For me I am being true to myself and it feels great! This is not to say that one day if Kerri and I grow apart (which I sooo hope never ever happens) I may fall in love with a man. It hasn't happened yet, but as my homeopath Terrance says, love is energy.

I was so worried when I told Terrance 7 months ago that I was in love with Kerri, that he would go into a mad scramble to find a remedy to make straight. I was still not sure if there was something wrong with me in other peoples eyes. But Terrance did not! Phew! I was and am still so excited that am in love for real for the 1st time in my life!

I use to see the many guys I dated as my friends. I would break up with men or pull away if they said they loved me or ran their fingers through my hair. I felt miserable inside and thought there was something wrong with me. I thought maybe because I was sexually abused as a young child that I would never be able to be touched without feeling fear and anger.

I know now that I was just with the wrong gender and although I am not totally trusting, I know that there was never anything really wrong with me. I was just not being true to who I was. I have always been into women. It makes me feel so happy and free to be a lesbian!

I am happy that I haven't run into homophobia or hate on a personal level. It's just so awesome that Kerri will have the legal right to marry in my province of Ontario.  No plans but it's so nice to know that we can have the same rights as any other couple. 

It is so awesome to be able to kiss and hold hands with Kerri out in public. I am happy to experience true love!

No comments:

Post a Comment