Sunday, November 8, 2009

Chocolate Actually Has Health Benefits? Mmmm...


So, I have re-discovered chocolate!

I use to be a chocoholic before March, the month I started this O Blood Type Diet. Since then however everything is so much more complicated as I have to make most things myself, including chocolate, if I want to add any sweetness to it.

Chocolate is something I am allowed to eat on the O Blood Type Diet because it is actually healthy and beneficial to our bodies (unless it is triggering your migraine!).

I didn't really think about eating chocolate before because I was too lazy to melt down pure chocolate and make it sweet by adding sucanut (healthy sugar) and honey. I knew I couldn't just grab a chocolate bar off the shelf and devour it. I knew I had eat pure chocolate and I thought - eeew!

Actually though, eating pure chocolate with added healthy sugars is not so bad. Kerri helped to give me ideas how to cook it etc and it all came out yummy and sugary in the end! I am thrilled:-). It still tastes richer, of course, but it is actually good for you.

I found this link that gives the health benefits of chocolate: http://www.momscape.com/articles/chocolate.htm. So, you never know. Yummy can be healthy too.

I am pleased that I am continuing to perfect this O Blood Type Diet that I am on. It's actually fun :-D but unfortunately (I suppose) eating chocolate does not give me energy and I am still utterly exhausted.

I am not really concerned by my continual fatigue, which is extreme most of the time. I remain hopeful that after this 'sabbatical' from the outside world I might be healed enough to make a commitment to go back to my volunteer jobs via driving. Similarly I hope to be able to go shopping for food etc at some point and to my appointments all on my own! I do want to drive and I continue to keep the hope that things will improve for me and that life will continue to get better and better!

2 comments:

  1. About your last paragraph and since we're on the topic of chocolate, they also helps lower blood pressure, so it's helpful for people with high blood pressure and most probably for those who are exhausted. Dark chocolate is the healthiest of them all. The only concerned here would be its effect on our teeth. Being one of the main contributors to tooth decay, just the right amount is enough. "We don't need the whole bar," as some people may say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Doris. I did not know that but you are correct! We still have to watch additives in the chocolate and dark chocolate is named as the healtiest!

    ReplyDelete