Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Reaching Out For Help Is 'A' OK!

So much anxiety! But why?

It all started after I told the coordinator of my old group home, Kate (they let past residents call for support), how things have been going for me lately. I told Kate how I feel it's not worth it to ask for help food shopping because the people that have been helping me with this are often stressed out themselves, including my case-manager Jenn. Or in Jenn's case it is not a part of the case-manager's mandate to take clients food shopping.

Kate is quite concerned. We have known each other since the days I lived in the home-less shelter. Kate has always believed in me. When I was angry I never scared her. She told me she could see right through the anger. This was such an awesome thing to hear.

I Kate that I am rationing my food because I don't want to go shopping. I have also come to the conclusion that i will be home bound for awhile although I am planning on getting out tomorrow with help from Kerri. We are going to relationship counselling and then I have a meeting to go to.

I could go food shopping after my meeting and before I will meet Kerri again after her second shift. I'm thinking I will probably not though feeling that way I do; anxious, stoned-like. I will likely just go to my mental health drop-in after my meeting and just hide in front of the computers they provide their. I get too nervous just sitting around even if I know the people in the drop-in .

If it was up to me I would just stay home and be in my bedroom....what's up with all of this? This is me eternally detoxing....Better then the old me, eternally grumpy :-P. I will make do with this situation. Kate said to call my outreach worker, Tori, who works at the group home, on Friday, when I will be home likely...Maybe she will help me. Kate says she wants Tori to call my Jenn to see what's going on with my care. This feels awesome! It's great how I have people vouching for me and who really know me and care! Kate has always been good at contacting my support people and making sure I have my needs met from workers! I do check-in now and again with Tori but she seems really busy. I don't really need the support-line so much now that I have this calming remedy but I will call on Friday and explain the situation and at least get some more support :-D.

Anywhooo, here is a cute picture of Speckle. Speckle did actually get stuck in the bag as you can see her head is going through the handle. She laid down after that and had this resigned look on her face, "Please, rescue me!" And I did :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment