Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September 1st - The Reccommended Day To Begin Using The S.A.D Lamp!



September 1st is the recommended day to start using S.A.D lamps!

Here on the right, is a picture of the lamp I use....

The S.A.D Lamp is suppose to mimic the Ultra Violet Rays and give extra light to people who are affected by the winter months and the lessening of light. You don't need to have a 'label' such as Seasonal Affective Disorder to get a S.A.D Lamp even from a Doctor...I don't have that 'label'.

I started using my lamp last year around Christmas time. I didn't notice it did much for me but I'm trying again. Other people notice it helps a lot so we shall see! I get it for free by prescription from my family doc. If I paid out of pocket for this particular light (and their are many companies and even sunglasses) it would have cost me $200 not including taxes.

After you get a prescription then you need to get an estimate. That part is a bit tricky I think. My Case-Manager Jenn handles that for me. It takes about 6 weeks until you get it approved and you can pick it up. That explains why I got it so late last season as Jenn saw me getting very depressed and we started the process in the fall.

The recommended time to sit under the S.A.D Lamp is 20-30 minutes per day. They recommend early in the day like before noon as it can stimulate you if you wait until later like a cup of coffee...I haven't noticed that but who knows...It is suppose to help with anxiety some too.

And yes you are suppose to actually sit at a table or have the light shining down on one side or over you. There is instructions with it though...


And finally, my cats ever amuse me with their cuteness. Last evening I came across a cute picture of Tate and Speckle....Tate started licking Speckles head and then Speckle started licking Tate's front paws...awww. They continued for at least a minute so it was a legitimate bath! And to remember that the pet store where we bought Speckle said to not mix Speckle with any other cat under the same roof! Things don't always turn out as expected....

No comments:

Post a Comment