Thursday, September 24, 2009

Do I See A Job In My Future???????

So, today is the day I find out if I am 'Employable' by ODSP standards. ODSP is the disability program that gives me money every month because I am not able to work or maintain a paying job.

I have no idea what to expect today. The meeting with the social worker or whatever (maybe in a group setting or not) is an hour to an hour and a half. I am told to bring my S.I.N card and resume. Applicants are allowed to bring their worker; family or a friend. I have asked my step-dad as my worker is in a meeting this morning and Kerri is working.

I have ask the staff at my volunteer jobs to be my phone references. I am hoping they have something good to say about me. I am a great worker when I make an appearance, however I haven't exactly had an easy time of things the past few years. I've been calling in sick a lot (feeling swallowed up by my mental illness). Fortunately, the past 2 weeks have been great. I haven't missed a day! This must be some kind of record, lol!

What I am looking for from the meeting today is a job that I can do at home and with flexible hours.

Come January I am hoping to take a web design course on-line so that I can make my own blog site. I hope to be able to create other peoples web pages as well. Since it is just a course I am guessing I can work a few hours at the same time.

I do feel ready to work a few hours...even 6 hours a week to start. 6 hours is what I have been volunteering, so....

2 comments:

  1. Webmastering is a good skill to have. There are so many programs that are out there that you can use. You just have to learn the basics of the html language and use a few tools to help you. Here is a page to get you started before you find a class:

    http://www.w3schools.com/

    Good luck in you're course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Werner! The computer lingo on that site is going waaaay over my head at the moment, lol..I might have to take a course 1st and then use that as a back-up...Thanks sooo much Werner for this and all of your help!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete