Friday, September 11, 2009

A Toast To Beautiful Days....

I'm OK! No cancer or cyst found at all! I had been thinking cancer was a given due to my high anxiety. Surely my immune system was compromised. But I'm healthy as far as I know. Who knew?

I was told the news right as the mammogram and ultrasound were given to me...Kerri was with me but she wasn't allowed in with me for the mammogram. She was however allowed in with me for the ultrasound although the technician said when I asked 'Does she have to?' I said 'Yes, because I'm anxious.'

Kerri rubbed my bare feet the whole time the ultrasound wand was rubbing over my breast with the cool lubricant. Having Kerri's warm, soft hands rubbing my feet helped to relax and soothe me. I am ever thankful for her being there and helping me through this scary time!

I'm clueless as to how 2 doctor's felt 2 lumps in my breasts while at yesterday's mammogram and ultrasound there was nothing to be seen at all - not even a cyst! That's awesome though! Maybe it was because the docs felt my breasts the day before my period? Or my homeopath Terrance gave me a healing remedy that broke it up when I saw him last week? I didn't think the remedies worked that fast. Maybe in 2 weeks there would have been a change from the remedy, but who knows...All I know is YAY!!!!

I want to live a long; healthy and happy life. And yes death scares me. It's the unknown. I also wouldn't want my loved ones to be missing me. Who knows heaven might be this beautiful place but we don't know that for sure.

I watched my dad die at home of skin cancer when I was 11. I know the many months or years of pain cancer can steal from a person. My dad suffered for 6 months. It was wonderful having him at home throughout his illness though. I just don't want want to suffer that pain. When my body is tired and read to go (waaaay of into the distant future) I want to just go in my sleep. Or maybe with a little warning so my loved ones can say good-bye :-).

I want to have lived a long and productive life. I hope to have contributed to society in some huge way and also to have met peace in my life!

Today should be a great one! I feel well enough to drive into the city for my volunteer job and do errands and maybe meet up with friends I haven't seen in awhile for tea...

A toast to beautiful days!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment