Saturday, September 12, 2009

We Love You Taters!


Little Taters, the cat, is home after 2 days on the run (or temporally adopted by another family).
Kerri and I were soooo worried! Hope, Kerri's daughter was not home much so we didn't tell her her cat was missing. Kerri was going to tell her today and go to all the neigbhours with flyers but then he came home late last evening and Hope found out.

I was shaking my head because Hope's first cat, Cassandra, went out and never ever came home. How could this happen to Hope's cats twice while I've had 4 cats and none of them stayed away for more then 8 hours at a time and always came home on their own.

Kerri was blaming herself as she was the one allowing Hope's cats to go out. I was trying to reassure Kerri that it wasn't her fault. How did she know this would happen? I blamed myself as Kerri was watching Speckle having such fun out in the yard. She only wanted Tate to have a bit of fun and burn off some of his boundless energy.

So, Hope definitely not ever allowing us to let Taters out again now! I am not sure how we are going to do that since cats are so sneaky and all. But if it means Taters is home safe then I am all for it. He seems happy and playful still. Speckle and Bob love Taters. They were both acting all insecure and over cuddly when Tate was gone....
Tate we love you buddy! Stay home; stay safe; play lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment