Friday, September 4, 2009

Lease Day - Yikes!!!

I'm sooo nervous today. Today is the day I sign a year long lease to live with Kerri. I have never had to sign a year long lease but apparently this is the norm nowadays...Now we both have to trust in each other to pay off. We are in this together. I still don't really understand how this stuff goes but I called my support line who employs knowledgeable social workers, for advice this morning at like 6:50am. That's right another money issue came up between Kerri and I and I needed advice FAST!

The advice I got was that 1. I should be paying the landlord and not my girlfriend who is also on the lease. I need to make sure that if anything happens like this morning I am not responsible to pay the full amount of rent even if Kerri tells me she will pay me back...

2. I am suppose to get the receipt from the landlord. I had thought that we were going to get a joint receipt and photocopy it so I don't know if we get separate receipts like that...

I decided I really need to ask my parents who are also my trustees (and my step-dad is a landlord who is well knowledgeable of what is suppose to happen today).

I am concerned that money and other issues keep coming up. Kerri and I keep getting our issues sorted and then new things keep coming up...how long does this part of the relationship last? I feel that Kerri blames me for all of our problems but I know that that is far from true. I was pretty clear about what I could and could not do before I even came live with her...I do love her and want to work stuff out together though, yes I do (as I daydream about nail biting and hairpulling...).

I want to show you this kewl picture of a Grasshopper I took yesterday! We have a lot more bugs out here in the country then I ever saw in the city! Kerri begs to differ though but me thinks I am correct, lol...




No comments:

Post a Comment