Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Crafting Night With 'The Rainbow Group'

Kerri and I went out to crafting night last evening. We went to our friends April and Brittany's apartment with 2 other lesbians we had met at the gay drop-in activity night a couple of months back. We came bearing NO crafts :-O! We didn't even think to ask. I had thought about suggesting to bring stuff to Kerri at the wrong time and then promptly forgot, lol! Isn't that always the way????

I was telling Kerri in the car on the way home not to worry about being the only one without crafts. I told her when I was a teen we use to go to peoples house to drink for BYOB (Bring your own booze). I figured if it was a BYOC then they would have told us, lol. It's OK though, next Monday Kerri will bake muffins for everyone :-). We were a bit embarrassed though. Everyone else was chatting and giggly. They all seemed so close. Kerri and I hadn't been back to activity night in a while mainly because I have been always so tired and she didn't want to go alone all the time (but she did go alone once, which was totally cool with me!).

So, we were pretty quiet last night and are in general until we feel comfy with people. I think that pretty normal. April was good at including us into the conversation and all that....it was a fun night!

Fortunately April was well prepared to share her beads with us so all was A-OK! Kerri and I are in the midst of making a pride bracelet. The rainbow is a gay pride symbol. Some people criticise Gays using the rainbow as a Pride symbol because they love rainbows and are not gay. But for us gay folk we love it! It's beautiful. I have the Pride symbol in my bedroom in the pic on the right. Kerri put it there totally forgetting it was a Pride symbol, lol.

I shall post a pic of the bracelet if I ever finish it. I only got to do the red and orange strands. The bracelet kept knotting or coming undone. Very frustrating and complicated if you ask me, lol. But when it's all done it will be beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment