Sunday, September 20, 2009

Our Date - "Julie & Julia!"

Yesterday Kerri and I went on our 1st date since I moved in with her 2 1/2 months ago! I mean sure we have gone out a lot with others but this was the 1st time in a long time it was just me and her. Kerri, knowing that I don't share her fascination with horror, sci-fi or adventure movies, picked out 4 movies for me to choose. There were 3 romantic comedies and one that was a true story called 'Julie and Julia'. I picked the true story! Here is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjvJHsJD8ic

Julie is played by Meryl Streep who does a rather comical but well acted version of Julia Child. Julia Child became famous for her French cooking years back but her name is still very well known. Julia Child died of kidney failure in 2002 when she was 92 years old.

Amy Adams played Julie Powell. Julie is a blogger who was enamored by Julia Child and wanted to be just like her. So, she cooked every one of Julia Child's 536 recipes in 365 days! Tiring (she had a day job too)! She brought her blog readers on a journey of her cooking and made a book about her story!

I love true stories! I also, of course love the fact that this movie was about a blogger and I could relate to her being excited about getting comments and being serious about wanting to write everyday.

Kerri could relate about it being difficult for me sharing some of our dirty laundry. She never complains so I didn't really know it bothered her but I can understand it would. I am sooo lucky to have her support in this. She is really cool about being on here which is awesome! I try to keep my blog about me and not to bother people. I haven't lost any friends over it yet anyways, lol...

Kerri found Julie Powell's blog for me. Kerri is awesome at finding things for me! All that was coming up for me were other people talking about Julie Powell. Anywhoo, here is the link.

http://blogs.salon.com/0001399/2002/08/25.html

Julie stopped writing her blog in 2002.

Kerri and I both loved this movie. In fact, I can't find anyone who doesn't like this movie!

Anywhoo it's a beautiful day and I am going to go get ready for the day and later cook a tofu recipe with 1 cup of fresh basil and 8 cloves of garlic, mmmm! :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment