Thursday, September 10, 2009

As I Shiver In Anticipation Of Today's Ultrasound And Mammogram!!!

Yesterday I got the call to go and have an ultrasound for the 2 cyst-like lumps in my right breast that the doc found last week (my case-manager Jenn was with me behind the curtain and heard them say 2 lumps 1 in the left and 2 in the right, but I hope she heard that wrong). I am also scheduled for a mammogram and I've never had one of those before. Kerri is going with me. She's taking the afternoon off work. She's been trying to cheer me up I think. She's all happy but supportive since the call yesterday even though she's petrified of losing me. Meanwhile, I was in a daze.

I have found out some info to help me understand what is going on regarding when I will have the answer to what if anything I have that needs treatment. Kerri called up a friend who was treated for breast cancer in Ottawa and the scope is if you have cancer you will probably get 'the call' within 24 hours of the ultrasound and mammogram. Only at the docs appointment will they tell you anything for sure though. If you don't have cancer or have a just a cyst then you might not hear anything for 10 days...So the old saying no news is good news!

I have thought about not having any sort of reconstructive surgery if I do have cancer. I want the safest and most natural course of action. Instead, I will get implants if I need to lose a Breast down the road. No one can really tell if you are wearing implants or not. I have seen people with them and not known the difference. They make special bras and bathing suits for the implants so you can live a normal life!

I also went on my Homeopathy forum on and talked to one guy (not from my homeopaths clinic) who says his wife had Breast Cancer and was treated with homeopathy for it and the cancer was gone in 3 months...

I am going to do both use both homeopathy and western medicine. If it's just a cyst hopefully I won't need any treatment. Or if treatment is suggested I will try to ask for a 3 months wait for any surgery to remove it. In that time I can do my homeopathy and then get the tests again to see if surgery is still needed. Hopefully the doc will understand.

Luckily Breast Cancer is easy to treat as I'm sooo not done living and I don't even feel that I have begun yet!

2 comments:

  1. My prayers are with you Lisa. My sister had some cysts near her ovaries but they were benign. In fact - they completely disappeared a short time later. A miracle ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that same thing happens with me Werner! I'm glad your sister is healed now!

    ReplyDelete