Saturday, August 8, 2009

Driving Is Not As Bad As I Thought It Would Be....

I can't believe how fast my life is whizzing by me...I can barely keep up, lol....3 weeks ago I was country snob city girl living in my parents basement apartment at 35. Now I have happily assimilated to life in the country (next to the city - well technically still a part of the amalgamated Ottawa) with my girlfriend Kerri, who I adore! I swear it's all trees and farm country out here! You have to drive everywhere!

Since my folks gave me their old car, they are now having to cope with being a one car family after living the past 15 years with their own cars! Who knew they would do this for me?

Kerri's teen daughter Hope lives in our home too. I do get along although her but me thinks we are still kinda checking each other out ;-). Actually we barely see each other as she is either never home or asleep (I am a morning person and she wakes up around 1pm) and when she is home she is watching horror movies with Kerri or in her basement bedroom hanging with friends.

I am surprised that driving is not as bad as I thought it would be. Back in the city my parents often told me to take one of their cars and I would mumble some excuse like - too anxious; depressed; tired; fearful of accidents, etc. But I've been over tired for days and I can still drive while anxious - when you have to do it you just do it! What are the alternative? Kerri use to drive me everywhere and I knew it was wearing on her. I'm glad I can help out a lot more now!

One of the difficulties is that sometimes I do get impulses of wanting to hit someone or something like that...I don't act on these impulses. The impulses I have had for at least the last 15 years and it's all a part of my obsessive-compulsive disorder. I just have to live with them, awww sigh!

Life continues....and if you are lucky the sun shines!

No comments:

Post a Comment