Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"The Wooden Sky" Rocks Ottawa!!!

So I went to see The Wooden Sky last evening! I have pics to show (but of course!)...


Here I am on the left with Andrew the drummer. He is my cousin Jean's child. That's on my dad's side of the family. He is in his early 20s and quite good looking and sweet. No comment on if he is single or not, hehe. The Wooden Sky is on the road quite a bit anyways. I think they are usually touring in Canada but they are great so maybe they will go international some day, who knows... I don't know what to call the music but it's kind of folkish according to the Kerri(y)'s...you can check them out on myspace though :-).


Here is The Wooden Sky in action. Andrew is hiding in the back a bit but that's the plight of the drummer. He does sing sometimes though!
Check out the intensity of the faces of the band! You can totally tell they are feeling the vibe and in tune with their music!

I have to say my folks, the Kerri(y)'s and I were a bit shocked when we walked into the The Canteen. The Canteen a small art gallery in Ottawa's Market on Dalhousie Street which none of us had heard of before. There was no air conditioning and the high for the day had been 40 C so it was still quite sticky in the early evening as they packed 50 people in like sardines. There was also only 1 couch offered. I stood for the 1st hour but sat for the 2nd. I can stand even though I have a sprained knee (for the past almost 9 weeks!). I just have to compensate by leaning on my good leg for support...I guess what I'm saying here is that we were hoping; use to; or expecting to be sitting in an air conditioned venue...but I have to say we all enjoyed ourselves immensely.



For the last 2 songs the band took the show out back and played for the neighbours and even the neighbourhood cat came round...we were all wishing they had played the whole night outside as there was at least a nice breeze....








Here is one more picture of the Drummer for the Wooden Sky! Right on guys! Go to myspace for song clips and you can order by getting in touch with me or from their site. They are releasing a new CD in the next couple of weeks and have a fan page on Facebook....





No comments:

Post a Comment