Friday, December 18, 2009

Teaching Speckle That I Still Love Her As Much As Spock Might Work.....

Last night I kept waking up with the fear that I had lost Spock our new cat Spock :-O! 

I had let Spock out yesterday an hour after he had gotten his shots and it's been over 24 hours and he only returned 25 hours later.  I have no idea why he disappeared since the little bugger has been guarding our house since the summer and rarely wandering.  Anywhoo, he is back and I love him.  We started him on his 1st de-worming pill and he gobbled it up like it was a yummy thing to eat, lol.  He doesn't need another pill for 14 days. 

Kerri has suggested that we leave Spock inside the rest of the day so that he can learn to feel comfortable inside the house with our other cats.  I am discovering that this is a really good plan.  Spock is still highly amused at looking at his reflection in the mirror and I do think he is happy with us.  He is very affectionate anyway and he is also slowly getting more comfy being around our cats.  He is discovering an interest in the catnip pillows and even Speckles catnip blanket while yesterday he showed no interest in catnip.  Perhaps he was too nervous. 

Speckle, in the meantime, is mad at me and that Spock is taking away her attention (yes cats do have feelings and personalities, hehe).  So, I am trying to spend more time with her and all of our cats especially Tate, Speckle and Spock.  Bob is 16 and sleeps most of the time anyway. 

I am thrilled that Spock came home to us.  I am sure Speckle will come around.  She was angry at me when I first brought her to Kerri's too.  Speckle does have a temper as she doesn't tolerate change well AT ALL.  She is very much like me in that sense although she was that way when we got her at a year and a half so I didn't have anything to do with that ;-). 

I think since I understand Speckle it was good that I have her and that she chose me.  She was so comfy, quiet and well behaved sitting in my arms that first time I held her at the pet store :-).  I know now that it was a good thing that I didn't introduce Speckle to any other cats right away before I got to bond with her a bit...

Another thing I am happy about today is that I took another risk :-).  Not only did I drive to the end of our dead end street as I had been doing for the past 3 days, but today I took my car to the main road (60km that turns into 80km).   I drove to the gas station about 2 minutes away.  It's another stepping stone though!  I should have been wearing sunglasses, but it was a good experience.  Yeah I was a bit nervous, but it wasn't so bad.  Oh, and then I told Kerri about it when she got off from her am run and she says 'Did you notice the black ice?'  I nealy panicked.  'What black ice? The roads were all clear!'  I said. 

If I had known there was black ice I think I would have stayed on our road, lol!  Kerri says there is always black ice in the winter time so I will have to be careful driving and I was :-).  Luckily there was not much traffic and since we are out in the coutry often the roads are kinda quiet.

I have been happy for the past 4 days.  This is a Fall/ Winter record so far for this year!  I hope I will continue to get better and at least continue to get food from the grocery/ health food stores because I think eating all the fresh fruit that I do now and having a choice for meals and yummy chocolate has something to do with my good mood.  Yes eating helps as they say :-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment