Friday, December 4, 2009

Energy Saver Bulbs Do Save....

This morning Tom, the maintenance guy came to our house fix about 5 of our lightbulb fixtures. 
 

A few days ago I had been running around the house installing energy saver bulbs.  I found some light fixtures that were a bit loose. 

Energy saver bulbs last five times longer then regular bulbs.  And now Kerri and I will also be saving on hydro!

Energy saver bulbs do cost a bit more.  I paid $50 for 18 60 watt bulbs (like the one in the picture) at Costco.  This bulb will fit wherever any regular 60 watt bulb would have fit.  There are different sizes of energy saver bulbs, of course.  

For myself, the price of the bulbs was a non-issue even though I am on disability.   In Ontario our disability support program (ODSP) will give each client $50 if we request this in a letter.  I just had to write to my disability worker and tell her I wanted the bulbs to save on our monthly hydro bill.  The next month a cheque for $50 arrived.  I then went out to buy the bulbs (well Kerri took me - do I do anything alone anymore????).

In case I get audited I have to keep the receipt for the bulbs.

For others outside of Ontario or Canada and who are on disability or some other low-income support program, it is always good to check with your worker to see what is offered.  Programs do not always tell you what they offer for some odd reason.  I heard from my mental health case-manager Jenn.  She comes in quite handy sometimes :-D.


Anywhoo, here is a funny pic I just took of Tate the cat licking Bob.  Bob and Speckle sometimes end up hissing and growling at Tate because he has a tendency to climb on top of them.  Bob actually didn't mind this particular licking fest though as Tate was flatly laying behind him, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment